every year, I set goals for myself. each year, I forget about them, and don’t achieve most of them. but, I’m going to keep trying.
this year, i’m focusing on me. on finding myself…on finding my strength…finding the source of my content. i was planning to go out for a while tonight, and then come back home and ring in the new year by myself…but my car decided that i’m not going out tonight. (it died on me twice.)
so…i’m spending more of the evening alone, but that’s ok. I get to spend some more time fixing things up in my place and getting ready for the crazy week ahead of me.
so without further ado, here are my goals for 2011:
1. be kind to myself in all that i do, say and think.
2. do not dwell on negative emotions. feel them, acknowledge them, and let them go.
3. take care of my body, mind and spirit.
~Exercise 3x a week, building up to every day
~Meditate for 15 minutes before bed 3x a week, building up to every night.
4. Commit to 1 1-2 hour private lesson a month with a dancer that I respect and admire.
5. Commit to 1 night a week to spend 2-3 hours choreographing, researching music and preparing workshops/lectures.
6. Find time once a week to write and work on my book.
7. Cut Starbucks down to 1-2 times a week, and make my own coffee/tea.
8. No fast food. 1 a week or every 2 weeks.
9. Clean the apartment every Saturday morning, top to bottom.
10. Spend time with people who truly care about my well being.
11. Get and STAY healthy!
There we go…each of these are totally attainable goals…I can do it!
I hope you all have a happy and blessed new year. be safe tonight. my love goes to you all, and i’m sorry to those i was going to see tonight, that I can’t make it.